“Being Nice” and Other Dreaded Things About the Holidays
What do you hate about the holidays? Do you just love every moment of the shopping and family bonding time and nothing bothers you? Good for you.
Here’s a list compiled by Consumer Reports that may cause you to start hating things. Can you relate to these irksome holiday happenings?
Here’s the list of the top holiday woes, and the percentage of respondents who dread them:
1. Crowds and long lines: 68 percent
2. Gaining weight: 37 percent
3. Getting into debt: 37 percent
4. Gift shopping: 28 percent
5. Traveling: 25 percent
6. Seeing certain relatives: 24 percent
7. Seasonal music: 23 percent
8. Disappointing gifts: 19 percent
9. Having to attend holiday parties or events: 16 percent
10. Having to be nice: 15 percent
11. Holiday tipping: 12 percent
Of course we HAVE to gain weight. The food is just there after all and must be eaten. And we apologize in advance for the disappointing gifts, but we found a good sale.