Contact Us

Family Crisis Center of East Texas Sets Tone For “Domestic Violence Awareness Month”

fcc of east texas

The Family Crisis Center “connects families & communities through safety & hope”, and wants to remind everyone that October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

Established in 1979 as a women’s shelter exclusively, last year the Center saw over 1,100 people and offered up some 53,000 essential services.  77% of their business is attributed to domestic violence, while the remaining 23%, for the most part, comprises sexual assault victims.  With a fully staffed 24 hour crisis hotline and a 39 bed emergency shelter, the Center continues to advance its mission of providing intervention and advocacy services in hope of preventing, or at the very least, reducing the occurrence of family violence and sexual assault.

To participate in Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Family Crisis Center will be holding the “Empty Place at the Table” event on Wednesday, October 17, at the C.L. Simon Recreation Center, located at 1112 North Street in Nacogdoches.  The empty place to commemorate those people killed by an intimate partner.  The public display will be available from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with lunch being served at 12:00 noon.  The same venue, and at the same times, will be held in Lufkin on Wednesday, October 24, at the City Hall Atrium, located at 300 East Shepherd Avenue.

To find out about event schedules, or to assist the agency,, or phone (936) 639-1681.

Best of Q1077

Recommended For You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Q107 VIP quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Q107 VIP contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.