Help Get Lufkin on the List of Top Exercise Cities
Texas is a pretty active place, but we’re missing the boat when it comes to regular exercise. In fact, we stink. But we can change that with a pretty simple routine.
See which Texas cities are the top ones for working out, and why people in Colorado aren’t lounging around on the couch a whole lot.
Almost six out of ten people in Temple-Killeen consider themselves to be regular exercisers, meaning they work out for at least thirty minutes a day, and at least three days a week. And Temple-Killeen is the top exercise spot in Texas. Who knew! Austin and the Dallas-Fort Worth area we might have guessed and although they did make the top 100, Temple-Killeen kicks all of our out-of-shape gluteus maximuses. In Texas anyway.
The poll from Gallup and Sharecare found that the US city that has the most regular exercisers is Boulder, CO with almost 7 in 10 people there hitting the gym at least three days a week.
Here are some of the other top cities for exercise, as posted in Livescience.com:
1. Boulder, CO 69.6 percent
2. Fort Collins, CO 67.9 percent
3. San Luis Obispo–Paso Robles–Arroyo Grande, CA 67.0 percent
4. Greeley, CO 65.3 percent
5. Santa Rosa, CA 62.3 percent
6. Urban Honolulu, HI 61.4 percent
7. Hilton Head Island–Bluffton–Beaufort, SC 61.4 percent
8. Anchorage, AK 61.3 percent
9. Clarksville, TN–KY 61.0 percent
10. Chico, CA 60.9 percent
11. Santa Maria–Santa Barbara, CA 60.7 percent
12. Colorado Springs, CO 60.7 percent
13. San Diego–Carlsbad, CA 60.6 percent
14. Burlington–South Burlington, VT 60.5 percent
15. Bremerton–Silverdale, WA 60.3 percent
16. Barnstable Town, MA 60.1 percent
17. Duluth, MN–WI 58.7 percent
18. Lynchburg, VA 58.6 percent
19. Denver–Aurora–Lakewood, CO 58.3 percent
20. Boise City–Nampa, ID 58.1 percent
21. Albuquerque, NM 58.1 percent
22. San Francisco–Oakland–Hayward, CA 57.8 percent
23. Portland–Vancouver–Hillsboro, OR–WA 57.7 percent
24. Killeen–Temple, TX 57.7 percent
25. Springfield, MO 57.7 percent
All we have to do to get some attention for being fit, is to knock out thirty minutes a day of exercise, three times per week. It could be walking or swimming or something else kinda fun that doesn’t feel like exercise. Oh, and we should get all of our friends to do it too, and show Boulder who’s boss.
Wanna start this weekend? Walking around the Texas State Forest Festival sounds like a good plan. That counts, right?