Lufkin Toddler Awakens Family Members Moments Before House Burns
Five year old Measia Poole is a little girl with big sounds beaming from her lungs. She woke up an entire household just in the nick of time, before a blaze tore through the home she was living in with her Mother, Katrina Poole, and three year old brother, Tyler.
The fire destroyed the house located at 1410 Sayers Street, but there is a wake-up call message to this unfortunate story. Poole stated to fire officials that the smoke alarms in her rented property did not “fire”.
Use the first day of the month, and every two months thereafter, to regularly change the smoke alarm batteries in your home. Because, unless you have a Measia Poole in the family, you may be just another County statistic.