Job Seekers Should Attend Mega Job Fest This Thursday in Lufkin
From healthcare to retail, from education to hospitality, and many professions beyond those categories, businesses across Deep East Texas are hiring, and we're talking about some of the driving forces of the Pineywoods business community.
But, that can be an issue. There are so many places hiring in Deep East Texas, that it can leave you dizzy trying to identify and organize the businesses in which you have an interest. Thankfully, on Thursday, April 28, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is partnering with the Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce to host a 'Mega-Job Fest' which is designed to connect job seekers with employers in healthcare, manufacturing, technology, and transportation industries and more.
This fair will be happening from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m at the Pitser Garrison Civic Center located at 601 N. 2nd Street in Lufkin. All job seekers are welcome to attend the event and are encouraged to bring copies of their resume and dress appropriately for an interview.
Here is a list of businesses that should be represented at the fest:
- A Piney Woods Home Services
- A.T. Staffing
- A’s Body Treats
- Abundant Life UMC Navigator Program
- AC Respiratory Care
- AES- Texas Health & Human Services
- Angelina College
- Angelina College (Health)
- Angelina County Sheriff - Jail Division
- Baker Hughes
- Brown Family Health Center, Inc.
- Change Happens
- City of Lufkin
- Community Improvement Program
- Copeland Insurance Group
- Corrigan OSB, LLC/RoyOMartin
- Creative Solutions in Health Care
- Crown Colony Country Club
- Deep East Texas Council of Gov.
- East Texas Community Health
- Elara Caring
- Encadria Staffing Solutions
- Endura Products, Inc.
- Express Employment Professionals
- Foretravel, Inc
- Georgia Pacific
- Goodwill Central East Texas
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of Amer.
- Innovative Homes of Deep East TX
- LaTrelle’s Management Services
- Legacy Institute
- Lockheed Martin
- Lufkin Ford
- Lufkin State Supported Living Center
- Maxine’s Compro Tax & Insurance
- Missouri City Police Department
- Mustang CAT
- Onshore Outsourcing
- Pinecrest Retirement Community
- Promark Research
- SBDC Angelina
- SBDC Angelina College
- SFA ROTC
- Southern Multifoods Inc.
- Southside Bank
- Spherion Staffing and Recruiting
- Splash Kingdom
- Sr. Master Olford's ATA Black Belt
- St. Luke’s Health Memorial
- Stephen F. Austin State University
- TDCJ- Manufacture, Agribus,Logistics
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice
- Texas Department of Family & Protect
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas Parks and Wildlife
- TFP Nutrition
- Tyler County School of Nursing
- Tyson Foods
- US Army
- US Marines
- US Navy
- Vector Marketing
- Windham School District
More details about the Mega-Job Fest are available here or by calling 936-639-1351.
To help people find jobs, keep jobs or get better jobs, the staff at Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas offers job search and job matching assistance, career counseling and in some cases, financial aid for education/training or work support. They also can help with career planning, building a resume, preparing for interviews, job readiness, earning a GED, and gaining occupational skills. If a family meets eligibility requirements, Workforce Solutions may be able to help with financial assistance for child care.
Additionally, the team helps employers find qualified applicants for specific jobs and develop custom solutions to strengthen their current workforce.
For more information, visit www.detwork.org.
Dr. George Fidone's Artwork