If These Are Your Status Updates, Your Facebook Friends May Be Annoyed
We've all got those Facebook friends that post things like this for a status update: "Born down in a dead man town The first kick I took was when I hit the ground..." If you are anyone other than Bruce Springsteen, don't post that. Song lyrics as your status update are annoying!
What else drives your friends nuts?
The blog called The Stir says there are ten things that really make you an obnoxious Facebook friend.
Are you guilty of any of these? In the words of The Stir:
1. You're hashtag crazy. You're #happy and you're wearing #prettyshoes, but you are #reallyfrigginannoying so please #stop.
2. You're getting married. We don't need to know the moment you ordered your flowers, decided on your napkin holders, or took your last single-girl poop.
3. You lost your phone. It's very odd when people lose their phones and think it's acceptable to create invites with 563 of their closest friends asking for their digits.
4. You have a to-do list. Wow, you really have to drive your baby to daycare, mow the lawn, AND make dinner all before 6 p.m.?
5. You "check-in" everywhere. We really, REALLY don't care that you're at the gynecologist.
6. You take photos of flowers. If you get a bouquet of roses, and you don't post a photo on Facebook, did you really get a bouquet of roses?
7. You post song lyrics as statuses. If I have to work that hard to figure out what you're trying to say, I'll just move on. Weirdo.
8. You're think you're a weatherman.
9. You're a Debbie Downer. You lost your wallet, taped over your favorite episode of The Bachelor, AND got a parking ticket?
10. You post random sad photos and make me feel bad.
Apparently those random posts of cheeseburgers, enchiladas, and stray margaritas are just fine. They're not mentioned by this blog. You've got those friends that post random shots of their plate of food right before they're about to dig in, right? Sometimes it's a half empty mug of beer that makes it onto your feed as being status update worthy. Apparently that IS big news, so keep on with that.
We won't bore, offend, or blow up your news feed with stupid stuff. Like Q107 on Facebook! See you there.