Matthew McConaughey Public Service Announcement: ‘We Are At War With A Virus’
Matthew McConaughey and Roy Spence, who is Chairman of Austin-based creative agency GSD&M, are encouraging Texans, and everyone, to STAY HOME and practice social distancing to proactively help to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
“We are at war with a virus, and health care troops and first responders are on the front line fighting it everyday,” McConaughey says over images of masked medical workers, children tending to backyard plants, and empty highways. “Let’s join the fight by staying home.”
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app