The Parts of Thanksgiving That Make It Great
With only about two weeks to go, Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I don't know about you guys, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, hands down. There are so many parts of that day that make it spectacular - not just the food. These are the things that, in my opinion, set Thanksgiving apart from the other holidays throughout the year.
- The Family Time - This is one holiday that I get to see most of my family at, even more than Christmas. Everyone comes in for Thanksgiving.
- The Food - You knew it had to come up sooner or later. The food is always a big part of Thanksgiving for our family (big surprise there).
- The Parade - A family tradition of ours has ALWAYS been watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. It's always been cool to see the giant balloon characters, the music artists, bands, etc. perform.
- The Sports - In past years, it was a big deal to watch Texas A&M play UT on Thanksgiving in the Lone Star Showdown. Now, even though that particular rivalry game isn't a thing anymore, we still enjoy watching whoever happens to be playing, professional or collegiate.
- The Christmas Decorations - So, as most of you know, I'm not a fan of having Christmas decorations or music up before Thanksgiving. The day of Thanksgiving is a different story. We generally use this time to decorate for Christmas as a family.
There you have it. That's a look into all the different parts of Thanksgiving that make it great in our family. What about you guys? What makes that day special for you? Let us know in the comment section below.