East Texas Has a Top Ten Farmers Market
The East Texas State Fair Farmers Market in Tyler is one of the best in Texas, and others on the list include Houston, Dallas and Waxahachie. Are they really better than Lufkin’s?
The East Texas State Fair Farmers Market has all the usual produce like cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, peaches, and watermelons, and those things might not set it apart from other farmers markets because they’re not too unique. But add the canned pickles, the okra, and the barns, and OnlyInYourState.com says that’s good enough to give Tyler the 10th best Farmers Market in Texas.
Just how local is it? The vendors come from a small radius around Tyler, in an area bordered by Mineola to the north and Palestine to the south. These farmers grow the food on their land and drive it to the fairgrounds every Tuesday and Saturday from 7am to 1pm. The address is 2112 W. Front Street if you’re mapping it, and the farmers market runs through July.
The Angelina County Farmers Market might be a little closer to home, but it didn’t make the best of list. It’s at 2107 S Medford Dr, Lufkin.
The Nacogdoches Farmers Market is open Wednesday and Saturday at 163 Pearl St, Nacogdoches. And they’re still accepting vendor applications, so that’s your chance to show off your best cucumbers.
If you’re in the mood for a farmers market road trip, here are the rest.
1. Texas Farmers Market – Cedar Park
2. Corpus Christi Downtown Farmers Market – Corpus Christi
3. Dallas Farmers Market – Dallas
4. El Paso Downtown Artist and Farmers Market – El Paso
5. Fredericksburg Farmers Market – Fredericksburg
6. Beaumont Farmers Market – Beaumont
7. Westchase District Farmers Market – Houston
8. Main Plaza Farmers’ Market – San Antonio
9. Waxahachie Downtown Farmers Market – Waxahachie
10. East Texas State Fair Farmers Market – Tyler